Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Where is the justice


"And among His signs is this, that He created for you mates from among yourselves, that you may dwell in tranquility with them, and he has put love and mercy between your (hearts)..." Qu'ran 30:21
"I recommend that you treat women with goodness. The best of you are those who treat their wives the best." Prophet Muhammed (peace be upon him)
Although Islam promises women protection from such problems, the reality in many Muslim homes is different.The most common form of abuse is emotional and mental abuse.degradation, humiliation, insults, ridicule, name-calling, and criticism; false accusations and blaming her for everything; ignoring, dismissing, or ridiculing her needs; neglect and the silent treatment; spying on her; telling her she is a failure and will go to hell; twisting Islamic teachings to make her feel worthless because she is a woman; restricting her access to transportation, health care, food, clothing, money, friends, or social services; physical and social isolation; extreme jealousy and possessiveness; lying, breaking promises, destroying trust; etc. Emotional abuse can take place in public or at home.
Although it's completely contrary to the example of Prophet Muhammad, peace be upon him, the Muslim community nonetheless tends to dismiss the seriousness of mental abuse, rationalizing it as a petty argument between husband and wife, and saying it's not serious unless he hits her. In reality, mental abuse does severe psychological harm to many Muslim women. It destroys their self-esteem and makes them question their self-worth; some have mental breakdowns and go insane.
Tragically, some Muslim men actually use Islam to "justify" their abusive behavior. Focusing on rituals, considering themselves to be Islamically knowledgeable, and disregarding the spirit of Islam, they wrongly use the Qur'anic verse that says men are the protectors and maintainers of women to go on power trips, demand total obedience, and order their wives around. They disregard the Islamic requirement for the head of the household to consult with other members of the family when making decisions.
Its been 4 years since my ex husband and i are no longer together. Today we are supposed to go to court and he is supposed to give me my complete freedom and its been 2 years I have been going in and out of syariah court to fight for my freedom but to no avail. Sometimes i wonder, do i need to stand in front of the Judge and tell him that i will change my religion(though in my heart, I'm a strong believer of Allah and the religion) in order for me to get my freedom?
In total, 10 years I have been mental tortured and abused..and the worst part is I'm fighting on my own. All alone. I have no more strength to fight at times but I kept fighting as I have always been a fighter.
I have been begging his mom and what did I get..humiliation! I have begged the people in the religious Department and what did i get..nothing.
Oh Allah, You have never broken Your promise. Today for the first time in my life, I put up my 2 hands and beg You oh Allah, I curse Ahmad Rizal Abd Aziz the son of Faridah Bujang and Abdul Aziz...the day he was born till the day he dies..show him Your wrath. Burn him in Your Hell fire.

1 comment:

The Tea Drinker said...

hold, sis. Allah tells us to be patient, no?

You mention the Prophet's way just paragraphs before so remember how he is with people who's done wrong to him. Justice will come but you must be patient.

Hasbi Allah.