Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Am I having Gamophobia?


What I have is called GAMOPHOBIA? What is "gamophobia?". Mr Wiki definition is The abnormal possibility which is extremely possible of the fear of, wait, oh yeah, the abnormal possibility which is extremely possible of the fear of the fear of the fear of the fear of the fear of the fear of marriage.
This morning one of my cousin buzzed me on FB and we chatted for awhile. Then he told me that he feels like going to an Island with the wife without his kids. I asked if its their 2nd honeymoon and he said hopefully because "the love meter is running on a low fuel".
Then today my "God brother" visited me after office hour and he decided to join me for my "Iftar" (Breaking fast). In the car I asked him about the girl in his FB and he said there's nothing going on between him and that girl. During dinner, suddenly he said "Sis, i am actually afraid of getting married." I asked him why and he said he hasn't found a girl that when he's face to face with her, he feels this kinda electricity.
Well frankly speaking I have the same problem.... I am having "GAMOPHOBIA".And I get kinda pressured when people asked me "So when is the D day?"...My answer is always "Aaarrr...emmm..arrr..."then start scratching my head. I kept pushing month to month until I found the time when this fear of marriage disappears.
I guess because during the period of dating and a few years of marriage, you think you are in real love with your partner. You think you are made for each other, and you are the perfect couple in the world. After a few years have gone by, you may have children by then you become more responsible and sensible. Nevertheless, something is missing...yes the spark of love has disappeared.
The world today indicate that there are more people getting divorced, getting cheated on and breaking ups than they are happy couples that are in love and stay in love. Well I hope I can get over my "Gamophobia" someday..maybe someday..
Well I know one guy who actually knows the meaning of true love and really shows it..and that's my ex boyfriend. He just got married and the way he treats his wife...all i can say is that "She is one hell of a lucky woman". Though he used to be my boyfriend and now we are Xs..I amtruly happy for him and his wife. And I know he is one guy who will love and treat his wife like a princess and light of his life. I remember the time he and I were a couple...well that's history now...





No comments: