Sunday, June 13, 2010

Redha is a Virtue

Today is my first day without my car. I have decided to let go of my car which has been serving me for the past 5 years without giving me a single problem. Papa was really sad when I told him about me having to let go the car. He told me with tears in his eyes, "Allah has tested you so much Girl, with your cancer and things that happen in your life". I smiled at papa and told him " That's because Allah is so Merciful. He doesn't want me to go home to Him with still full of sins papa, and I have accepted all His test with an open heart.
Allah has revealed in His Quran, that He will test the Muslims in various ways until the end of their lives. But there is one important secret the believers need to know : If someone encounters difficulty or something hard for them to deal with, that means Allah has also given them strength to overcome the matters and succeed the test.
I also told papa " If we dedicate and submit our lives to Allah, we must have trust in Allah and calm in facing the difficulty. I have never regretted my life and the thing I go through in life. Not a single bit of my life. Despite being a sexual abused child when I was 7-12, now my bone cancer and today having to finally let go my car, I still feel so bless because the PEACE which Allah has put in my heart, not a single soul can take it away and no amount of money can buy it.
My eldest brother who has been so supportive and has always been there for me gave me these 2 ayat yesterday. Its from Surah Al- Hadiid (IRON) ayat 22-23 which means:
22. No calamity befalls on the earth or in yourself but is inscribed in the Book of Decrees(Lahuz Mafuz) before We bring it into existence. Verily, that is easy for Allah. ( Tidak ada sesuatu kesusahan atau bala bencana yang ditimpakan di bumi dan tidak juga yang menimpa diri kamu, melainkan telah sedia ada dalam Kitab (Lahuz Mafuz)sebelum Kami menjadikannya, sesungguhnya mengadakan yang demikian adalah mudah bagi Allah.

23. In order for you not to be sad over matters that you fail to get, nor rejoice because of that of which has been given to you. And Allah likes not prideful boasters. ( Kamu diberitahu tentang itu - supaya kamu tidak bersedih hati akan apa yang telah luput daripada kamu, dan tidak pula bergembira (secara sombong dan bangga) dengan apa yang diberikan kepada kamu. Dan ingatlah, Allah tidak suka kepada tiap-tiap orang yang sombong takbur, lagi membanggakan diri)

This is a very beautiful Surah (in fact all the surah in the Quran are so beautiful and touchy..it will make one shed tears when read the translation) which is call Surah Al Hadiid (IRON). This particular surah is teaching the Muslims to be strong in their IMAN and to submit fully to Allah:







No comments: