Thursday, September 9, 2010

Salam Eid-Ul Fitri to Everyone


Today is first day of Syawal, the celebration celebrated by every Muslim through out the world. It doesn’t matter if you are poor or rich. It’s a Muslim holiday that marks the end of Ramadhan. Yesterday, the moment Azan Maghrib, every Muslim had their final Iftar(breaking fast) for this Ramadhan, and I just couldn’t stop my tears because I don’t know if I will see next Ramadhan. On the day of the celebration, a typical Muslim family awakes very early, does the first everyday prayer, and is required to eat a little, symbolizing the end of Ramadan. For the children who kept their first fast, their Eidul Fitri is special. Eid-ul- Fitri is a joyous occasion with important religious significances, celebrating the achievement of enhanced piety. It is a day of forgiveness, moral victory, peace of congregation, fellowship, brotherhood and unity.
Eidul ul- Fitr is a unique festival. It’s a great day of festival for Muslims. It’s a day of rejoicing and being happy. On the eve of Eid ul-Fitr, Muslims will recite the takbir, which is held in mosques and surau (smaller place of worship). In some communities, there will be congregations reciting the takbir from house to house.And the worst part, I tried to do the best to cleanse myself this Ramadhan but I guess my best was the best after all. Muslims will attend Eid ul-Fitr prayer in the morning and consecrate together harmoniously while taking the chance to meet and greet each other. ment in the grave. It is common to greet people with "Selamat Hari Raya Eid ul-Fitr" which means "Happy Eid". Muslims also greet one another with "mohon maaf lahir dan batin" in Indonesia which means "Forgive my physical and emotional (wrongdoings)", because Eid ul-Fitr is not only for celebrations but also the time for Muslims to ask for forgiveness for any sin which they may have committed but was cleansed as a result of the fasting in the Muslim month of Ramadan. I am thankful to Allah for the rezeki and the best of all, this year I still get to celebrate with my father. A moment I look forward if God permits me every year till my last Ramadhan. Well I will update with some pictures in my next entry. SELAMAT HARI RAYA AIDIL FITRI, MAAF ZAHIR AND BATIN TO ALL MY MUSLIM READERS

No comments: