Wednesday, April 14, 2010

I will continue fighting...


SHEILA & I during our visit to Kulim in March'10

Yesterday my friend Sheila who is also battling with cancer called me. She called to tell me the outcome of her check up. From her voice i could tell that it was gonna be a good news. Indeed it was. I was so happy for her...we both have different type of cancer. She has 2nd stage breast cancer and I have first stage Chondrosarcoma. (a type of bone cancer which attacks the ligament of the long limp). But I don't know why when I was happy for Sheila, I was also feeling sad thinking that mine is still on going when mine is only first stage.
The same night I called Qel..told him the good news about Sheila's condition. Out of sudden I burst out crying sobbing on my knee. I know Qel has never heard me sobbing like that..he kept saying "Sayaaaannnggg continue talking to me please..talk to me. I'm gonna be here for you" I just couldn't talk anymore. I couldn't thank Qel enough for being so patient with my condition. He talked to me till 2am.
Cancer, the dreaded "C" word. It has become such an epidemic in our society that people are loath to even mention its name. Cancer is a disease that can affect many different parts of the body. Some of these diseases are more serious than others. It is not only the disease that is painful but also the many way of treating it. Radiation treatments may kill the cancer but are also dangerous for the body. Chemotherapy comes with many side affects such as hair loss and severe nausea. The many faces of this disease challenge an individual to show their fighting spirit and will to live.


No comments: