Wednesday, April 14, 2010

I Forgive You

About a month ago, I received an apology message in my Facebook inbox. At first I thought it was some kind of a practical joke because it came from an unknown person who's age is half my age and in her message, she said she was sorry for hurting my feeling about 23 years ago. (Yes I used "SHE" instead of "HE" on this paragraph)
I can't remember if anyone ever hurt me then as I don't hold grudges. No matter how much a person can hurt me, I will always put up my hand and tell God, I forgive him/her so please forgive him/her my dear Almighty. I always believe in FORGIVE AND FORGET because I don't like having black dots in my heart.
Then just about 2 weeks ago, on weekend over dinner, my sister mentioned about my very first guy i dated and whom i called "my boyfriend". I was very young then...19years old. I never knew about love for a guy before that..not even during my teenage years. I came from a very strict family. The girls in the family were not allowed to have boyfriends even if they were just friends..vice versa for the boys in the family.
A week after that, on my Blackberry i got a notification for a friend request at my Facebook. It was around 2 am. The name triggered my memory but I told myself..naaaahhh couldn't be but i just click approved.
The next day at work, before i started my work, i just got on my FB. I got another message from this person asking for my contact and it was confirmed he was my very first boyfriend. I replied with my contact number and then signed out and focus on my work. 2 days ago, i received a called from unfamiliar number..The person just kept quiet but i could hear kids behind. So i just said "To whoever this is, the next time if you want to call, please talk and i hang up".
Later during the night, my phone rang again and it was the same number. Finally he spoke and introduced himself. We talked awhile. He kept apologizing for something that happened 22 years ago. I told him I have already forgiven him back then..the day i left Ipoh to join MAS as a cabin crew. He asked me if i remembered the songs we both loved back then? I named them all from Bobby Brown- Don't Be Cruel to Milli Vanilli and etc etc. LOL!
He told me that the past 5-6 months he has been following my blog and have read every each journal of mine...i think he is the first person kot that have read every journal in this blog. After I put down the phone, I couldn't sleep because i need to let my boyfriend Qel know. I don't keep secret and so I text Qel. In the message I told him " Sweetheart the next time we see each other please remind me to tell you something. I can't tell you now because i need you to look into my eyes when I tell you this so that you will know that I am telling you the truth".
Qel replied. He wanted to know that very night and promise me that he will not get upset. So I called him and told him the whole thing. Then he told me, "Baby after your numerous visit to Kulim, I know you very well already, its OK and I am not jealous neither am I angry". That moment I felt so much better. I can never hide things from Qel. Thank God he was Ok about it.
That night I slept peacefully. And I am also glad that even though things between me and my ex boyfriend didn't workout back then...but now we are friends. Just like Mike and I. We broke up but end up being the best of the best friends.



No comments: