Sunday, January 18, 2009

Nightmare at Universiti Malaya Medical Center That Made me into THE ULTIMATE BITCH


Today finally took my best friend Nini to the hospital.Fetch her, Asmah and Nini's 2 kids(Daryl & Juria)at around 3.30pm. Reached the hospital at around 4pm. As we reached there,during the registration, the lady at the counter told us that the system was down and that we may have to wait for about 4-5 hours before our turn.
Nini was in so much pain, and I have some cash but I don't think it was enough for us to go to private hospital. At around 4.30pm, her name was called. Thought..wow that was fast. They called her in just to take her weight, blood pressure and heart beat. continue waiting. While waiting as usual me became the clown just to entertain Nini (lol..though she can't laugh coz it will hurt her more)and especially Nini's 2 kids, Daryl and Juria.
Looking at the time..it was already 6pm. 2 hours have gone by and yet Nini's name was not called. What took them so long? The answer was "Oh the system was down since morning". I can see in Nini's face that she was in pain and i know the pain was unbearable. I kept on joking about every each patient that passed by. Just so that she can forget the pain. Guess it didn't work.
Hours passed by, my tummy was playing drum and God knows the song that was playing in my tummy sound something like this.." Im hungry..Im hungry..I need fooooooodddd"..LOL!
Took Juria and Daryl with me to the cafeteria to get some food for ourselves. Was telling myself, I need cigarette but there wasn't any shop that sells ciggi. Managed to cheer up the kids though..even though I'm such a lousy clown, I must say.
At 10.30pm (that was like what? 5 hours of waiting patiently) Nini was in so much pain that she couldn't sit nor stand. I decided to go into the Consultation ward to find out what took them sooooo long?
This is where the nightmare begin. Me standing there holding Nini who at that time couldn't stand the pain anymore. she could not stand up that I had to hold on to her body.Asked the nurse in a nice tone " Excuse me Nurse..how long more do we need to wait?" her reply was " Can you please wait as we don't have the blood test result".
And then I asked them " Can I at least put my friend on a bed as she cant stand nor sit down". None of the doctors or the nurse entertained my request. That really pissed me off. And my stupid ex husband had to call at that time..as usual he loves to order me around and that was it!
The situation became so intense that I blew my top. My first answer was to my ex hubby when he asked me "When Are you coming back? Have you bought ridhwan this and that" So my reply was " I don't know because the FUCKING DOCTORS and Nurses here doesn't seem to care if the patient live or die" and I hang up the phone.
When the nurses and the doctors acted as if we were invisible, that's when I shouted at them.
One of the doctor finally told me "Why don't u lay her down on one of the bed. I took Nini to one of the bed when suddenly the Staff Nurse had to shout and said "Please use the other bed as that one is meant for ECG room.
Wo! that was it. I had it. I shouted at her from where I was standing." Hello! would you treat your f*#king parents the way you treat your patient?..I don't give a shit as she is in so much pain"
Finally one young handsome doctor came. He gently asked me to put NIni on the other bed and he will do the checking on her. I guess he saw me blowing my top at the nurses and the other dactor...he was so gentle.
While he was doing the checking, here came the security guard telling me in a rude way.."Please only one person can wait with the patient, the rest has to wait outside" woopppss..wrong timing. I just turned my head to him and told him off.
He was speechless. He just didn't dare to say anything and left us there.
Finally we were attended by Doctor Osama.(Kinda cute, expatriate from middle east I reckon- yummy yummy)
Finally, Nini were move to an observation ward and I finally left her for the night(the time showed 12.30am) Oh no my report and proposals..!I have not finished them yet. I'm so gonna be dead. Oh what the heck! Im just gonna let it be...
Now the time show's 2.06am. Im too tired..better hit the sack. I will continue this journal tomorrow

No comments: