Monday, December 21, 2009

2nd Radiation Day 1

Couldn't sleep last nite till this morning at 4.30am. Was supposed to take the kids for McD breakfast at 6am but I overslept till my alarm clock woke me up at 7.15am. Got myself ready to go to the hospital. Since this would be my 2nd time, I knew what to expect and the fear wasn't there anymore. Hospital is like my 2nd home now. Last night i received dozens of well wishes from my bosses(including my new CEO), my MAS batch girls and not forgetting my schoolmates MGS'87. Since I got back from Kulim, today was my first day of getting stuck in a traffic jam. One week at Kulim, no matter at what hour, there wasn't any traffic jam.
I only look at my phone after the treatment and saw one SMS from Qel which he sent at 8.23am and I only replied in the afternoon. I was touched when he said he actually fasted today just because I had my first day treatment and he couldn't be here and hoping the Almighty would cure me. How can I not love this guy. Just as I'm writing this, he called. He just "buka puasa". Dear Allah, please bless him always and put him under your protection.
I slept the whole entire time after I reached home. No vomiting, thank God but my throat felt so dry and it hurt even when i swallowed my saliva. One of my client called today and he said i sounded terrible with my husky voice. Finish 2 bottles of mineral water. Hopefully tonight i will be okay as tomorrow will be my 2nd day of treatment. I really pray that this will be my last radiation. They will monitor for a year after this before they can declare that I am cancer free.

No comments: