Monday, December 21, 2009

I Finally Got The Book....YAY!!


Yesterday, Nini's daughter called me from Bangsar Shopping Complex. She told me that she found the book that I wanted so badly to own...."Tuesdays with Morrie". The book was recommended to me by my ex-GM when he found out about my cancer. We were in the car on the way back from visiting a friend who lost her husband when I told him about this book I read titled "My sister's keeper".
"My sister's keeper" was about Sara and Brian live on an idyllic life with their son and daughter. But their family is rocked by sudden, heartbreaking news that forces them to make a difficult and unorthodox choice in order to save their baby girl's life. Their parents' desperate decision raises both ethical and moral questions and rips away at the foundation of their relationship. Their actions ultimately set off a court case that threaten to tear the family apart, while revealing surprising truths that challenge everyone's perception of love and loyalty and give a new meaning to the definition of healing.
Then my GM told me, if i like that kind of story, then I should try reading this book titled "Tuesday with Morrie". "ITS A MUST HAVE". I have been looking for the book at MPH for weeks. Went to couple MPH and it wasn't available until Juria(Nini's daughter) went to TIMES Bookstore at Bangsar Shopping Complex yesterday. She called me last night and asked if I still want the book. I told her..yes!yes! yes please. She got me the book as a present from her and her boyfriend Matthew.
A wise and loving that teaches us those things we ought to know already but have somehow forgotten. A wonderfully honest exchange between a terminally ill professor and his successful student. They both gave and both received a wonderful gifts of love and friendship.

No comments: